Saturday, July 19, 2014

And Now For Something Completely Different

Last night I spent several hours watching some 70-year old men tell penis jokes. If this sounds like a weird thing to do, let me follow that up by saying said men are the surviving members of Monty Python, and that I did NOT get choked up when I realized I was singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" with the actually Pythons, and I definitely did not cry when they put "Graham Chapman 1941-1989" up on the screen behind them. They say this is the last time, and while celebrities "retire" all the time, this is entirely likely - John Cleese is 75 years old and it's starting to show.

Having said that, it was fucking brilliant. I don't want to say too much about it because it's going to be live on tv tomorrow night and I don't want to spoil it for everyone. Let me just say that if you were thinking "Hmm, maybe I'll watch that", fuck the "maybe" part, drop what you're doing and watch it.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I knew they were screening it at cinemas, although I didn't manage to get tickets, but didn't know they were showing it on telly. I'm going to have to hope it's on catch up or gets repeated at some point.

amberance said...

It was on Gold, so not available to everyone, but yeah. I'm hoping they sell it as a DVD so I can watch it over and over!